Friday, January 11

The one I let go...

Having my own business of refurbishing has gotten me into a position where I WANT TO KEEP EVERYTHING...of course, because I love it all. It's so gratifying when we (MUST give due credit to hubby) take something that looked like garbage and turn it into something people actually COMPETE for. This piece is NO exception! I am still kicking myself for letting it go but, alas, this is a business and I need to let LOTS of lovely things go.
This door mirror was clearly vintage and came from a home that was being remodeled right here in our town. I couldn't believe the mirror wasn't broken. Hubby suggested we make a 'door table' like we have in the past but I knew it was best to be left as a 'floor length mirror'. I had always wanted one for my bedroom and STILL DO. lol The mirror was taped off, hardware removed to be buffed and was painted in a home mixture of partial paints to pull off a soft 'robin egg' blue. Distressed and then clear coated it showcased the PERFECT patina! This baby didn't sit 3 hours in my shop last Saturday. I miss it...really bad. At the same time, there is this thrill of turning something junky into something so sought after. After all...I have had several calls/inquiries to see if I still had it or anything like it this week. THAT makes me smile. :)
Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

this is just the coolest!! LOVE it!!